When facts are cheap, you’re as smart as you are curious.
I am a high school English teacher and K-12 Technology Integration Specialist with a passion for learning and creating. Curiosity is important to me, and I’m continually swimming in a stream of information; digital, experiential, and social. The purpose of this site is for me to pull meaning out of this stream. My hope is that the meaning I find may have some benefit to others.
I am an expert at nothing.
The Constructivist learning theory resonates with me, and believe that in order to truly learn something, a person must create meaning for themselves. This blog will help me improve at that, model it for my students, and provide a way for me to grow personally and professionally.
I enjoy being alive and being human. Specifically, I really like;
- Journalism and the Mass Media
- Teaching and Learning
- Constructivism and Constructionism
- Integrating and embedding technology in curriculum
- Communication Arts
- Literature and Writing
- Reaching at-risk learners
- Open Source
- Video Gaming and learning through play
- Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Web Design
- Print Design
- Science – especially physics and astronomy
- Nature and the natural world
- Religions and theology
I have been a teacher for 10 years. I have a Master’s Degree in Teaching and Learning from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. My greatest source of joy is my role as a husband and a father to two young sons.